I've started this blog to document my journey running while balancing motherhood, and eventually if I'm lucky enough, my next pregnancy.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Runner Kara Goucher balances motherhood, training for Olympics - Brian Cazeneuve - SI.com

Seriously, this woman is amazing. She just had a baby in September and now finished the NYC Half Marathon in 1:09:03 (age graded time: 1:08:53). This shows the power of having a baby... if you can make it through 9 months of pregnancy and then labor, you can do anything!


Runner Kara Goucher balances motherhood, training for Olympics - Brian Cazeneuve - SI.com

4 comments:

  1. You are just as amazing, about to run in a 1/2 marathon is amazing also and this isn't your first one. Loved seeing you today and enjoyed being there for the final pick of the gown. Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is awesome. I saw that she finished third and I was so impressed and her little baby was right there at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had 2 babies....but my run didn't improve. Why?
    Anyway 1:09:03 is very very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and she's my best friend. most people don't realize that if her baby had been a girl, she was naming it Katye.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Nothing makes me happier (except chocolate and cupcakes... but really, who can compete with them?)