I've started this blog to document my journey running while balancing motherhood, and eventually if I'm lucky enough, my next pregnancy.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Random Race Related Rant

(I'm in an alliterative mood I guess because this really isn't a rant. I'm in a pretty good mood.)

1. I have the National Half in 3 more days. In 3 days, I will run my 3rd half marathon on my 33rd birthday, and I have raised $333 for Back on My Feet. I'm thinking three's a charm and I'm looking to KILL my previous half time. My (realistic) goal is finish in 2:30 (if it's a really good day, I'm hoping 2:25) which will mean that since my first half marathon last May, I will have shaved off at least 37 minutes. I'll be pretty excited if that happens. Right now I'm visualizing and reviewing my game plan-- run 2 miles at an 11:00 min. pace and walk through the water stops. I just think it looks silly when people try to run while drinking water (and I could use the breather).

2. It's going to be cold race day morning. The high is going to be 44, so at race time, it's going to be about 38-40 degrees. Last year it was beautiful... this time, not so much (but I hear the cherry blossoms are blooming! That will be pretty!).

3. Because of the weather, I have NO idea what I'm going to wear. I was going to wear a cheetah running skirt, a pink top, and pink compression socks. I wanted to look adorably cute... it will be my birthday after all. I have a sub zero running skirt with tights, but I think that will be too warm. Maybe capris with my running skirt on top?? I just don't know. Ideas?

4. This will be my first real race with CC (or Cupcake, my beloved Garmin). I can't wait to show her our nations capital.

5. I'm surprised I'm relatively relaxed today. Usually I'm falling apart before a race. But I feel more confident. I've been through this before. I'm resting my legs (with the exception of a really slow little run tomorrow) and trying to get in (and stay in) a good place mentally.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you are primed and ready to rock this race!!! so exciting! can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey.... your blog is awesome! :P
    I can't wait to hear all about your race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are on track and you know what you are doing. Shame it is going to be cold but you will rock on your Birthday. Sounds like 3 is your lucky number, and remember Dylan is 3 to. Lots of Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! :) Oh, and Happy early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Nothing makes me happier (except chocolate and cupcakes... but really, who can compete with them?)