1. I have the National Half in 3 more days. In 3 days, I will run my 3rd half marathon on my 33rd birthday, and I have raised $333 for Back on My Feet. I'm thinking three's a charm and I'm looking to KILL my previous half time. My (realistic) goal is finish in 2:30 (if it's a really good day, I'm hoping 2:25) which will mean that since my first half marathon last May, I will have shaved off at least 37 minutes. I'll be pretty excited if that happens. Right now I'm visualizing and reviewing my game plan-- run 2 miles at an 11:00 min. pace and walk through the water stops. I just think it looks silly when people try to run while drinking water (and I could use the breather).
2. It's going to be cold race day morning. The high is going to be 44, so at race time, it's going to be about 38-40 degrees. Last year it was beautiful... this time, not so much (but I hear the cherry blossoms are blooming! That will be pretty!).
3. Because of the weather, I have NO idea what I'm going to wear. I was going to wear a cheetah running skirt, a pink top, and pink compression socks. I wanted to look adorably cute... it will be my birthday after all. I have a sub zero running skirt with tights, but I think that will be too warm. Maybe capris with my running skirt on top?? I just don't know. Ideas?
4. This will be my first real race with CC (or Cupcake, my beloved Garmin). I can't wait to show her our nations capital.
5. I'm surprised I'm relatively relaxed today. Usually I'm falling apart before a race. But I feel more confident. I've been through this before. I'm resting my legs (with the exception of a really slow little run tomorrow) and trying to get in (and stay in) a good place mentally.